My favorite colors are purple, orange, and green. Occasionally I add yellow to this, but usually not. Purple is definitely foremost, and the other two are on equal standing. I realized at some recent time that the colors of my room are purple, orange, and green. I've always considered my room to be white. Which it is. My wallpaper is white, with flowers on it. Purple, orange, and green flowers. My carpet is white. I have a rug on one side. A purple, orange, and green (and yellow) rug. It's not as gaudy as it sounds. My comfortor is green. My throw pillows are orange. My blanket is purple.
Now, here's the thing. This has been my room since I was about 6. I did not pick the colors. My parents picked them. Some of the colored accruements were acquired after, but the main color scheme was there before I had a say in it.
If my room had been blue, would that be my favorite color?
Green and orange are rife with irony. I wonder if I can ruin purple for myself, too. I won't think about it too much, since I'm sure I could if I tried hard enough.
Wednesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment