Thursday

At the top of the list of heads I want to smack is my own.

Gah. bettie wanted me to make an entry to alleviate her boredom, despite the fact that I don't know how anything I'm writing here could alleviate anyone's boredom, depressing droning crap that it is, I agreed. So, I next did the most logical thing and took a shower. Mmmm. Clean journaling.

Here's a memo for anyone who would like to teach someone to drive. Do not yell at the poor schmo. Seriously. Let's use a hypothetical example: me. Hypothetical. You tell me to make a K turn, and I make a K turn. Do not start yelling at me that I am going too slowly. Then I will panick. I may do things like turning the wrong way when I go into reverse. If I do this, here's what not to say: "THE OTHER WAY, THE OTHER WAY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING???!!!" Just say "The other way." I will stop turning in the wrong direction, quickly as I probably haven't turned very much at all, and I will go in the correct direction.

Afterwards, do not take me to an empty lot and have me practice turning, informing me "That's a K turn." Yes, I know that's a K turn. The problem was not that I didn't know what it was, the problem was that you thought I was going too slowly, and proceeded to freak me out. I know that you can't block traffic. That's why we were on a street with no traffic. Were a car to approach from either direction, there would have been more than enough distance for them to stop. Yeah, they might have been irked that they had to wait a second for the kid who isn't making her turns at the speed of light, but JESUS FUCK, STOP YELLING AT ME!

So, then I told my father I wanted to go home. ....Hypothetically. My sister told me that on the test the little chap with the clipboard is very quiet, and won't tell you if you screw up until afterwards. Somehow, I think I actually won't mind some silence from the passengers side.

For the past few days I've been playing King's Quest VII. It's taken me that long because I usually start playing at 3 in the morning, and I can only manage a chapter before I get sleepy. So, I started chapter 5 today (there are six "chapter" sections to the game) and found that I was light on some items. Since I haven't played in a while and I'm lazy, I just looked up some hints online.

I forgot to get the fleurking hunter's horn in chapter 1. And you can't go back and get it, because it dispears after you give the water to the dead chap. Stupid dead chap. So. This means that now that it's taken me several days to get about 2/3rds of the way through the game, I have to start at the beginning.

In board news, a cell with human DNA is not a person. I don't know how many times I have to say this. Why won't people respect my supreme authority on this? I don't care what you believe after that, but for the love of God please stop thinking that life begins at conception. Also, I was prepared to care about the whole print thread thing, but then bettie posted my response for me, so luckily that was averted. And take this piece of advice: when someone asks why RussellCrowe is.... well... RussellCrowe, the answer is "because he's a celebrity". Seriously. No one has ever challenged this answer, and it leaves no room for dolts to "expand" on your answer.

Aside from all this, my day is being pretty sucktastic. I've been having to spend more and more time awake during the day. Awake and out of the house. I really don't like this. It exacerbates my feeling like shit by about a millionfold. And I'm figthing the urge to be stupid and go lie down on my bed and wear my stupid, thoughtless, emotionless, gorgeous "present".

No comments: