I was forced into going to the mall today. I am not a mall person. My original declaration was that I wanted to get a pair of nice shoes. Because I sort of ... don't have any. I am not a shoe person, either. Anyway, the trip was unsuccessful in that regard. I'm not surprised. It's nearly impossible to find shoes that fit my short, square, high-arched feet. Although not if I order my footwear from the UK. Which I guess I'll just have to do from now on, as overwhelming scientific evidence tells me that my feet are English.
I also think I'm allergic to the mall. There are so many stores full of smells that practically knock me over as I walk past them. It was all teary eyes and nose blowing and coughing. Also, I was very warm. Furthermore, I could barely walk around because I felt like I was weighted down, perhaps from hauling around my massive coat that my mother insists I wear when she suspects it will be even the slightest bit cold.
However! I managed to hear a song on the radio today! Well, a couple, but I'd been waiting to hear this one again, because I heard it several weeks ago and then could never remember what it sounded like. It's another one of those songs that's ubiquitous in television commercials, especially on the WB. It's the one that has the line: "I don't wanna be anything other than what I been tryin'a be lately." Or something like that. Anyway, I bring it up because never has a song so confused me as this song has. The first time I heard it on the radio, the music started up and I thought: "What is this, Alice in Chains?" And then the singing started and I thought: "Who is this, Neil Young?" And then the chorus started up and I thought: "What is this, hip hop?" Then I had to wonder if I didn't sorta like this song, despite the fact that it made me think Alice in Chains and Neil Young got together and did a hip hop song. But after a second listen, I conclude, no. Not really. So, suck it, that song.
So, anyway, now onto an Angel review! I actually watched this at about 1 o'clock in the morning, because I had it taped from before (and the next episode as well). This turned out to be a good thing, as I'm still more awake then than I am at 8 in the morning. Anyway, this episode? There is nothing wrong with this episode. There is nothing wrong at all with this episode. I love this episode. I want to watch it again and again forever, that's how much I like this episode. So, suck it, puppets.
[Begin Spoiler for "Origin" Highlight to view]
THE KARTHEISER!! I love Vincent Kartheiser so much. And not just because his name sounds so German. This show really lucked out when they cast him, because this boy is really phenomenally talented. Seriously. I love him so much. This episode really would not have worked if anyone else had played Connor.
"Do you spend all your time making out with other vampires, like in Anne Rice novels?"
"No. Well... I used to."
I repeat: NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS EPISODE.
Seriously, everything was great. Everything! Well, except maybe Illyria. I was entertained by her pummeling of Spike, but other than that ... she's kind of boring. I hope that stops soon. She has great potential. Oh, also! Speaking of "she" - I notice that Wesley does. This is only significant because they made such a point of making Illyria seem either male or genderless, and now Wesley calls it "she" like it ain't no thang. Oh Wesley. Oh Wesley.
There are lot of other things I could talk about, but they basically boil down to: great. Sahjan! Connor! Cool bad guy! Really good writing! Oh man, it's like an episode from back when the show was cool, and only Kirk and I really fully appreciated how cool it was.
Drew Goddard, rock rock on.
[End Spoiler]
I'm going to watch it again later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment