Friday

Um. Whoa.

[Begin Spoiler for "Power Play" — Highlight to view]

Oh man. This episode totally made watching the entire rest of the season worth it. My jaw kept dropping open! Yay!!

Uh, I probably won't be able to form any really good thoughts about the goings-on until I see the next episode. Which is THE LAST EPISODE. OF ANGEL. EVER. Aw, man. This blows!

Okay, the one thing I was uneasy about was Nina. For the following reason: so, she and Angel have a ... fully penetrative relationship, but just for one time. Because Angel goes into it knowing that he's going to take on an errand of certain death. That's just mean! I mean, I realize that this whole little subplot existed so that we'd know that good Angel was still going on in there somewhere, and add innuendos towards the Big Reveal at the end, but ... still. That seems like a pretty assholish thing to do.

Crash Bandicoot. Hee. Now *that's* continuity. Unexplained, yet totally in-sync with knowledge we've gained previously. Man. This issue with people not knowing what the hell continuity is has really started to bug me. I mean, apparently. Also, I loved the fact that Illyria and Drogan seemed to have no idea what the hell they were doing.

I am greatly saddened that Illyria is so easily smacked down. I do not approve!

I knew he was faking it! I mean, "knew" in the sense that I kept telling myself "Oh, he has to be faking it. Right? He's totally faking?" But I think the part where I knew -knew is when Vail threw in the comment about his son, and he ever-so-slightly reacted. No, he totally did. I don't think I imagined it, anyway. But yay Boreanaz!

I'd like to watch the next episode now.

[End Spoiler]

No comments: