Monday

Ow my fingers.

So, I have begun another show. It's back-breaking labor! It's horrible! I miss my booth. Anyway, early this weekend, we were in the theatre setting up and painting props and the like, and the stage manager (one of them - we have two) brought some to-work-to music. She only had the score to The Lion King with her, though. Stage Manager Other knows the kid that was Young Simba in the original cast. So that was neat.

I've never had any particular inclination to see The Lion King. Revised: I've had a strong desire not to see The Lion King. I just don't want to. I dislike Julie Taymor's work, and I didn't want it to fuck with my conception of the cartoon.

You should all see it if you have the chance, though. Because I own stock in Disney.

Having said this, I have been listening to "He Lives In You" nine billion times on repeat. It's my Song of the Moment. I still don't want to see the show. I just really like this music.

In related news, I learned this weekend that my mood is easily swayed by music. Though not always in a predictable fashion.

This entry will serve to replace boring entries about my stage work. Especially since I don't want to write about it, because, as I've said -- BACK-BREAKING LABOR!!

No comments: