
Katherine was right to assure me! Turns out I have an ordinary (though sizable) chunk of whatnot floating around in my vitreous humor. Nothing is torn or sagging or broken or otherwise in danger of blinding me. So for the next several months I can just expect a little extra bling in my visual field. Optical razzle dazzle, if you will.
In other eyeball news, I mentioned that I was concerned that my vision has seemed less sharp in the past few years, since all the thyroid stuff. The doctor was very nice, but he glared at me through his spectacles with an "i hate you die" vibe that I have gotten lots of times in the past (and which, actually, I'll probably be getting from you in a moment!), before telling me that my vision is 20/15. Yay!! (Sorry.)
Then he got up in my grill about my scleral show. Not saying that there was anything of concern, just that it was weird. And man, whatever. Haters gonna hate.
3 comments:
I vote to hear about the cat (unless the eye thing takes some rad supernatural turn, of course).
egall: what Google accused China of.
Yeah, I have to share the hate for someone bitching about 20/15. After my surgery, I was at 20/25 & in the years since, it's dropped back to about 20/200 (more age & glaucoma then surgery problems). Even with glasses, I'm only at about 20/30. So pfft! to you and your 20/15 sight ;-).
Oh I'd vote for cat stories too... I'll share mine if you share yours :-).
Woo! My grandpa had 20/10 vision until the day he died, and he would complain about things being blurry sometimes. I guess it has to do with your type of visual acuity (distance vs. close-up).
Post a Comment