I know I don't usually talk about politics, but I wanted to share this. I get my Latest Primary Results news from AOL.com, because it's easiest because that's where my email lives. I haven't checked any other news sources, so I don't know if this is an isolated incident - but I doubt it.
Today, Nebraska and West Virginia are holding their primaries. Clinton and Obama are battling it out in West Virginia! But it seems, when I checked at 7:15 this morning (don't ask), Obama had already been declared the winner in Nebraska, with 0% of precincts reporting.
The polls in Nebraska, incidentally, close at 9PM, CT.
Look, it's not that I doubt that Obama will win Nebraska. If that's what the indications are, fine. However, call me old-fashioned if you must, isn't it customary to actually hold the election before you tell the people who won it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
All news seems to be going that way. It used to be that the morning news would tell me what the Prime Minister or whomever said in a speech yesterday, now it tells me what they are going to say in a speech today. If everyone already knows what the speech is about, what is the point of making the speech?
This is how I felt during the 2004 presidential election when Kerry conceded before lunchtime. I was genuinely confused but people at work thought I was in denial or being snide.
Well, yeah, but at this point I'd settle for the person who actually gets more votes being declared the winner.
Post a Comment