So, anyway, for about the past two weeks, I've been working on a show. It's part of my obligations for my major. Behind the scenes. I wound up being the "light girl" which means that I operated the light board. So all of the cool lighting effects (and any unfortunate fuck ups) were ALL ME, baby. The show was "Serenading Louie" by Lanford Wilson. I really can't do it justice with words. We rocked the house nightly. For those of you not in the know, it has nothing to do with Serenading, and there's no one named Louie. It's just really depressing and messed up, but completely great.
This is an awful recap of the experience but here are my excuses: I'm lazy, and I'm sick. Apparently the regiment of missing sleep, running around, and standing out in the cold does not leave one in the best of condition. Who knew? I woke up today feeling like miserable crap, as if someone had given my body license to break down now that the show is over. Well, no! Fuck you, soma! I'm the establishment.
I am, by the way, rather high. I took some DayQuil, which works insanely well for about half an hour. I think it's the fumes and the fast absorption rate into the blood. Anyway, I took some more to make me feel better for class. It was only two hours later, but the non-sickenifying effects had already worn off, and I was all scratchy and drippy and achy and irritable.
Whoa, baby. Acetaminophen is some good shit. Only now I'm all drugged up and spacey, but I still feel sick. And I have yet more class to go to. But miracuously, I have no new homework this week. Score!
I'm hoping to kick the shit out of this viral thing by Friday. This is important to me.
You know what's awesome? Monkeys.
Monday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment