Saturday

Way to go, Jimmy - fuck you, Q104.

I am truly an independent woman today. I decided that I wanted cookies, and so I drove to the store at 10:00 PM to buy myself some cookie-making ingredients. On this excursion, I happened to catch some radio chatter on the following subject:

The "reunion tour" of Led Zeppelin. [shudder ] Now, according to announcer dude, Jimmy Page recently stated that there's "no way". Then, the announcer dude expressed skepticism, and disappointment at this claim. He assured listeners that such an endeavor will surely come to pass. Fuck you, announcer dude.

Led Zeppelin cannot rejoin, because Led Zeppelin exists only in the past. Led Zeppelin was a band consisting of four musicians: Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and John Bonham. Of course and as you know, John Bonham, he be dead. Sans Bonzo, you have Plant, Page, and Jones. That's not Led Zeppelin, that's Plant, Page, and Jones. The three of them recognized at the tail end of 1980 that they were not Led Zeppelin without Bonham, and thus Led Zeppelin became officially no more.

So, reunion tour my ass.

I don't want them to become The Who. Half its members dead, half the remaining incarcerated, and yet, Somehow!, it's still a complete band.[/I've used this joke too much.]

No comments: