Wednesday

Maybe it is me.

Last week, between Doctor Who and this community I joined that I don't want to tell you about, I don't think I moved from the computer for maybe 72 hours. In lieu of trying to remember what meals I missed, let me just say: all of them.

But now? I just had a "the internet is so boring" moment.

My recent experience taught me that I don't necessarily want to revive the days when all I would do was sit in front of a high-volume community for hours on end. Even if it is consistently entertaining. For one thing, I have other shit to do. (Which, not that I didn't in high school, but ... eh ... not really ... eh ... I don't really now either ... eh.) Also I'm old now and I get thrown into crises about how my life is slipping away and is essentially over every other day. (Yeah, I know. I don't want to hear it. When was the last time you tried to break into an industry obsessed with youth and beauty?)

AND TODAY I'M ALREADY BORED WITH THE INTERNET.

I'm so bored I just blogged, basically. So, I'm going to go do some needlepoint and watch the Colbert Report and mull over all the responsibilities I'm shirking.

What is wrong with me?

7 comments:

P@ said...

Welcome to the 21st century!
Ennui, disconnection, escapism taken to all kinds of new levels of extremity, and, of course, good ol' fashioned boredom - all yours for the taking.

...I'm not even sure what my comment is supposed to mean, other than I'm ultra-tired, and [hug].
Also, kldle.

Unknown said...

That wouldn't be a Twilight community, by any chance? [eyebrow]

In a further attempt to keep me from writing my thesis, I have started working on my EPIC DW VID last night. EPIC DW VID is EPIC. In fact, it is so epic that I'm not sure my laptop can handle it. (It already crashed just now as I typed this comment for the first time.) I need more memory and more disk space and I can't afford either. Also, it's kind of overwhelming because of the EPIC.

Maybe it's me, too.

Kirk said...

What P@ said. I don't even have time to be online. I haven't even blogged about the fawn yet, and I really need to do that. [/preview]

I see kldle, and raise a vdoubd.

Stephanie said...

Oh yeah? dwyhubty. I'm pretty sure I win.

Amy said...

Christine - NO!


... Maybe.

(Also: riovv)

Kirk said...

Damn. Was that a straight dwyhubty
or a royal dwyhubty? This is why I don't gamble.

Katy said...

Oh I totally get that. I get bored with the internet about 350 times a day. And yet it is so much more interesting than writing up.

You see my dilemma?

Sigh.