I am in the midst of a six-day weekend, my friends. It's pretty awesome! I mean, I have activities planned for every day, but just the fact that I'm not going to work makes it highly enjoyable. If they didn't pay me, I don't think I'd go. Which, on one level: hah hah, but I believe that a worthwhile goal would be to exclusively do activities about which that is not true.
My mother and I took up the carpet in the dining room. (Because: CARPET IN A DINING ROOM. WHAT THE HELL.) It went okay! It was labor intensive.
Today we went to New York (only I managed to refer to it as "going into town") to see a play written by ejbronte of the WD. It was pretty good! Much better than I expected, really. Some, but not all, of the acting was very good, and the production values were decidely professional. They had some trouble with the lighting, though. And they spent twenty minutes at intermission trying to fix the problem. They should have just rolled with it. The important part, the writing, was crisp and clever. I was very impressed. And I also got to meet the lady herself (#72), who was nothing at all like I expected. She's very small and effervescent and full of smiles.
I considered writing this on the board, but I honestly did think anyone cared. The most important thing, though, is that I did *not* meet anyone who I would have had to punch in the neck. This is something that I have to worry about when I go into town, and at this locale the danger was slightly elevated. Although I probably never had to worry.
Then I went out to dinner with my mother at a restaurant on 46th called "No Pants." Okay, not really. It was called Le Sans Culottes, but I prefer to think of it as "No Pants." ... The name was the bulk of the reason we wound up going there. But the food was delicious. I had duck and creme brulee. And 3/4 a glass of red wine, which means that I was totally drunk. Possibly close to shit-faced. But I held it together. Mostly by reminding myself that the situation made me so incredibly lame. And then I bought four bottles of tea! Joy!!
Oh, also I watched the Lost finale. But you know that.
Tomorrow we will work on the floor some more.
On Tuesday I will be photographed for a multimedia project.
Last night I was inspired to write all sorts of things, but I was very tired and opted against writing any of it down. Instead, I just thought about it until I fell asleep, which means that I may have worked it out of my system, which means I will probably never write about those things. Or maybe I will! But probably not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment