These are the things that I currently think, that condition being true:
[Begin Spoiler for Lost Season 2 Finale Highlight to view]
That finale was better than 98% of the entire season that preceeded it. Seriously. Which is a compliment, really. Except for all the ways in which it isn't, I guess. But, seriously. It rocked quite hard.
Desmond's girlfriend needs to work on her accent if she wants to come back next season. Also, what?! Luckily, I have the whole thing taped, so if I need to, I can watch certain parts again. Which I may do. But not now. So there will be many question marks and vague trailing sentences in this post. But the name of his girlfriend's father ... sounds very familiar. Like maybe I read it when I followed that link to the Hanso Foundation site? I'm not sure. But if this man with too much time and money winds up being one of the higher-ups in this project, I will not be surprised.
The answer was magnets!! Or was it fate! No, it was magnets. Fated magnets! Magnets or fate?
I knew that Henry was the leader of the Others. And by knew I mean "had a feeling." (Magnets or fate?) Even though he is much, much shorter than the guy with the beard. Or rather, the guy without the beard. The ever continuing mystery of the Others continues to be mysterious. They're the good guys? I don't think so. If for no other reason than guys who talk about themselves while pretending that they're talking about someone else ("He is a great man, but he is not a forgiving man.") are always assholes. Always .
My brain is still trying to figure out why Jack, Kate, and Sawyer. Maybe the Others want them to knock off the love triangle shit, because even they find it boring. But working from what we assume is the Others' perspective, breaking people down into good and bad, Kate and Sawyer are probably two of the worst people on the island. Definitely bad. Hurley threw me, because he seems like a good person. And he was let go, so that follows. What about Jack, though? Did he ever do anything immoral or illegal that I'm forgetting about? Because Jack is occasionally a complete tool, but I don't think that's a crime.
They clearly didn't want to round up the good ones. Or Locke would have been there. They couldn't have been rounding up the bad ones, because Sayid would definitely be in there. Maybe they wanted Jack because he is Leader. But then again, Locke and Sayid (in my opinion) should also be there. Sayid's like the Secretary of Defense. Sawyer's Commerce. Kate's like, Interior, at best.
But Hurley gets to go back and tell everyone what happened. What will he say? Will he form a plan of rescue? Will he tell Sayid, is what I'm saying. Also, did he notice that the Others seem to know how to get away from the island? And that they just ... blurted that out? Michael wins! He gets to go home with his new fucked up conscience. Damn. They must have cut the scene where Michael wished to get Walt back on a monkey's paw. Although wouldn't it be funny if they lied? And when September rolls around Michael swerves right back to the island, and there's boatloads of awkwardness for everyone? The Others don't have cable, remember. They have to keep entertained somehow.
I hope Charlie makes up with Locke like he made up with Claire. I really liked them together.
Also, is Locke dead? Is Eko dead? Is Desmond dead? What, exactly, was that thing? I get that, metaphorically, it was the Key, and Self-Sacrifice is the Key, but, on a technical level, if we assume that Desmond is dead, then why wouldn't Charlie also be dead? Why wouldn't everyone on the island be dead? Because if its fucking-shit-up range extends so far that everyone had to cower and tremble at the might, why was its fatality range only "under the trapdoor"? Unless Desmond isn't actually dead. Like he wins the prize, or something. (Magnets or fate?)
Here's an actual thing that I said out loud: "Libby means Elizabeth!" Aww. I'm so cute. Maybe now that Libby is dead, she'll show up in everyone's flashbacks, like Jack's father.
In general, excellent episode. And I got to see it commercial-free!
[End Spoiler]
Saturday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment