Saturday

Year in review?

So, here we are, and it’s the last day of 2005. In the morning  , no less! Holy geez! I don’t know what’s gotten into me.

Last night, I had a strange dream. Ordinarily, I would say this is typical. On my worst dreaming day, my most unstrange dream can probably beat anyone else’s strangest dreams. My brain works in ways best not to fathom. But this dream was strange because it was, for my brain, just plain unimaginative. Perhaps I should blame the exceptionally late (or early?) hour at which I allowed myself to sleep. And painkillers?

What I got was basically a mixed-up mish-mash montage of things from the last year. It was mostly from the last month, but earlier things were there too. Movies seen, books read, video games bested (or not). Then some factual events skewed and placed out of order.

Like Professor McGonagall admonishing: “Don’t let Potter compete!” but talking about him making the gingerbread cookies that I made for Christmas. (There was a lot of dough, and it was a pain in the ass to work in all together.) Or me getting shots of muscle relaxants in my arms before going out for an audition which turned out to be a kind of birthday party during a community meeting at my old high school and my old librarian was making gift baskets. You know, utterly normal  .

I’d like to try to spin this into an actual review of the past year, but that would take too much thinking and work and, to be honest, I got nothin’. In a sometimes tradition, I have no plans for this, the most fabulous of yearly dates. My sister and I have recently discussed the pressure to be doing something simply wonderful today, and especially at midnight. Too much pressure. Too many drunks on the road. Too lazy. I’ll see what happens (maybe movies, maybe friends, mostly likely video games), I’ll stay up for the switch over, and I’ll wake up tomorrow to a fresh new year.

I don’t do resolutions. I hope everyone else’s work out, though.

Happy New Year, all!

No comments: