So I was watching Access Hollywood, as is occasionally my wont because my mother always has it on, even though she claims to be disdainful of celebrity nonsense. (PWI) They featured a segment on this chap, who is apparently popular and successful in several fields, and goes by the name of "Nick Cannon."
Here is my dilemma. I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS PERSON. Never! This is my first experience of ever hearing or learning anything about this person. Why is this a problem? Well, I wouldn't exactly call my self well versed in the popular culture of this, our common era. However, I am always at least aware of the *names* of people who are famous, even if I do not know why they are so. The fact that this person has (supposedly) accrued a respectable amount of public interest, and yet I STILL HAVE NO CLUE WHO HE IS is greatly distressing and disorienting. It may mark my decline into geriatric stuppor.
In other news, my ARTHRITIS is doing fine, thanks. In what is most likely a side-effect of some new drugs I am taking, this past week my legs were feeling very sore and stiff, and I was having pain in my hips. It was very unpleasant as I am used to unhindered leg mobility. How do people live without bending their legs into pretzels for comfort? Anyway, I saw my doctor last night for my (still present) respiratory infection, and that when I was introduced to the term "arthritis" as it applies to me. He said it's very uncommon for someone my age. ... You think? He laid the blame on the feet of this new medication. As it is, I did not take that particular drug yesterday, and I loaded up on Advil, and I feel perfectly fine now. That was weird.
I've begun to wonder if I have some kind of rapid aging disease. Today was not a very good day. I broke a glass and lost my sunglasses, among other sundry unpleasantries.
Unrelated to all that, there's a book I read many years ago now (it's not important that I mention what it is, as I know for a fact that no one reading this has read it) which I was recently reminded had a character in it that I liked a great who was described as lying on a floor listening to music on headphones. The thing is, I haven't read the book in a while, yes? I can't, as it is, recall if that actually happened in the book, or if I made it up. Worrying that the answer may be the latter, I have thus far neglected to search for the book amidst was is no doubt tons of crap in boxes. I probably only thought of it because my brain is railing against things I should be focusing on instead.
End bizzare entry.
Wednesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment